Free Yoga Classes Nottingham Autumn / Winter 2016
It’s that time of year when our current group of Yoga teacher trainees will soon graduate. Our trainees are ready to teach their live Yoga classes to the public, and we’d love to have you in as our guests for these free Yoga sessions. These classes form a part of the final assessment for our 200 hour accredited Yoga teacher training course held at our Nottingham Yoga studio. This current group of Yoga teacher trainees are completing the weekday Yoga teacher training programme.
We have 9 free Yoga classes running late November and early December, each class is 75 minutes long . We’d like to invite our current Yoga students who attend regular classes with us at the studio. Plus, if you’re an ongoing student from our classes at the Sweaty Betty Nottingham store, you are welcome to book in. Take a look at the classes below, and check if any of the times fit around your timetable.
The free Yoga classes run as follows:
Monday 28th November 2016
- Class 1) 9.30am to 10.45am
- Class 2) 11.00am to 12.15pm
- Class 3) 12.45pm to 14.00pm
- Class 4) 14.15pm to 15.30pm
Wednesday 30th November 2016
- Class 5) 9.30am to 10.45am
- Class 6) 11.00am to 12.15pm
- Class 7) 13.00pm to 14.15pm
Thursday 1st December 2016
- Class 8) 8.00am to 9.15am
- Class 9) 9.30am to 10.45am
We ask that you are already known to the Yoga studio and are in good health and able to participate in a full Yoga class. You are asked to be present for the whole session and arrive 5 to 10 minutes early to help start the class on time. Once you have received a confirmation email stating your place is booked, you are welcome to join us. Please don’t turn up to any classes, if you haven’t received an email confirming your place. A heads up, please note if you arrive late we are unable to let you into the class once the session has started.
How to book a session
Please email us with the following information.
- Let us know which class date and time you wish to attend, please be specific – E.g. Monday 28th November, Class 3) 12.30pm to 13.45pm
- Tell us your full name in the email, and only book for yourself.
- You can attend more than one session in a day, or a few classes during the week, just let us know the days and times for each class.
- However, please only email us, if you know in advance that you can definitely attend a class*
- You will receive an email to confirm your place
Some additional pointers when booking:
- *Please don’t book a class and then email later to say you cannot attend. Thank you in advance, as this really helps to save on admin time.
- Please note numbers will be limited to each class, and we cannot guarantee a place for the classes you request. Therefore, please only turn up if you have been offered a place.
- If you arrive to the studio and your name is not listed, we will not be able to let you into the class, therefore ensure you receive confirmation from us.
- It’s best not to email on behalf of someone else, or book for a few friends on the same email address, we prefer each person to email a request in. This makes it easier for us to contact you, especially if there are changes to the class.
What to expect in the Yoga class
The 75 minute class will cover various poses, it will include a warm up section, sun salutations and some varied standing poses. There are seated poses along with a some twists to release the spine, and the class will build up to some heart openers. The class will end with a relaxation.
Whilst the classes are not suitable for a total beginner, you are welcome to join us providing you have attended for a month or longer at level 1, we would say the class suits level 1 to level 2.
The Yoga teacher will also offer some class assists and adjustments in certain Yoga poses, therefore if you prefer not to be adjusted in a Yoga pose, please do let the teacher know in advance. By attending the Yoga class you are adhering to our terms and conditions for booking Yoga classes with us at the studio.
What to bring to class
Please bring along your own Yoga mat, and wear loose comfortable clothing, wear layers, to ensure you appropriately warm and cool for the different aspects of the class. Please leave your mobile phone and shoes outside the studio space. Some limited props will be available, but if you know that you need certain Yoga equipment, please feel free to bring this along too.
These free Yoga classes will run at our Yoga studio in Nottingham – Bahia Yoga 4 Stoney Street, Nottingham, NG1 1LG. We’d like to thank you for your potential attendance in helping our Yoga teacher trainees complete their final assessment with us at the studio.
Namaste Bahia Yoga.