3 nights Spain Yoga Trip, Valencia May, 2016
Saturday 30th April to Tuesday 3rd May 2016 (3 nights) – Spain Yoga Trip
Get ready for Spring Break! A mini-Yoga retreat to Spain with Bahia Yoga!
Rustic, comfy and very reasonably priced too, our fourth year back to this tranquil place in Valencia, Spain. The venue is called The Orange Tree, and approximately 20 minutes from the airport (by car).
The accommodation is a modest bungalow set in a beautiful Orange Grove. The bungalow comprises of six bedrooms, (four of these rooms come with en-suite) with a lounge and kitchen area. A spacious covered terrace overlooking the pool and Orange Grove. The pool is ideal for swimming, and you’ll be able to unwind by the large surrounding terrace. There is an indoor and outdoor Yoga space. A purpose built Yoga studio, and the scenic decking area for outdoor Yoga (overlooking the pool).
What to expect:
This is a 3-night mini Yoga retreat entwined into a welcome Spain spring break. There’s plenty of time for relaxing by the pool, or popping into Valencia for some sightseeing. There are no hard and fast rules on the retreat / Yoga trip, however bear in mind the Yoga is for everyone that attends. We always aim to create a fun, non-competitive, respectful yet completely chilled out time for everyone.
What you’ll be doing (a rough guide)
Saturday night, settle in and meet the rest of the group and enjoy some homemade cooked food. Before bedtime there’s a soothing evening Yoga practice, followed by simple meditation and restful Yoga Nidra to set you off for a great sleep.
Sunday is our main day in the Orange Tree with three soothing and uplifting Yoga sessions – plus three delicious meals, from brunch to lunch and supper! There’s enough time to relax around the pool, reading, sunbathing or picking oranges and lemons from the trees!
Monday – wake up to early morning sunshine Yoga, followed by Brunch and some time by the pool, before you get ready for the day trip to Valencia. You’ll have plenty of time to explore and sample the local cuisine. You can choose whether you’d like to explore Valencia City (and/) or the beach via Metro.
Tuesday Concludes with a beautiful final morning Yoga session, followed by brunch, sitting by the pool, and making time for good-byes.
Who can come?
Anyone who is up for deepening his or her Yoga practice and be with like-minded people! This would suit anyone in reasonably good health, wanting to learn more about Yoga, yet also looking for a short break to relax by the pool, and explore Valencia.
Will the Yoga be suitable for me?
The Yoga will be open to mixed levels of ability, and the sessions will be tailored to the needs of the group. You’ll receive our pre-course questionnaire to complete, this way we can ensure that everyone gets something they’d like from the Yoga trip.
What will the Yoga sessions cover?
• A typical Bahia Yoga class is varied (click here) but often we include:
• Hatha and Vinyasa Flowing Sequences
• There will always be an anatomical focus (such as shoulders, hips, spine)
• Alignments cues and tips, to ensure you are getting the most of your practice
• Mindful Meditation and incorporating pranayama (breathing techniques)
• Hands on assist from the teachers
• Time for Q&A and how to develop your own practice
• Simple chants in Yoga (opening and closing chants)
How long will the sessions run for?
• Most sessions will be around 90 minutes at a time, depending on the group energy
What would be an example of the type of Yoga the sessions will cover?
• Wake up to Ashtanga inspired flow Yoga, with a deep relaxation and meditation.
• Late Afternoon – Sivananda Yoga with heart ‘n hip openers
• Evening Vinyasa Flow -Shoulder & Spine releases – followed by Restorative Yoga
• Daily, home-cooked nutritious vegetarian food (Excludes the day trip to Valencia)
• Hot drinks, fruit & healthy snacks available during the day, all self-service
• No need to worry if you are a grazer, plenty to nibble on throughout the day!
Prices are for two people sharing a twin room
Moderate lounge area for evening wind down
Bright Kitchen area
Outside dining on the terrace
Poolside with sun loungers
Washing machine for small items of laundry
3) Yoga Equipment:
Use of all equipment is included from Yoga mats, bolsters, bricks, belts and blankets
4) Yoga Classes:
Up to Six Yoga classes, Guided Meditation, Pranayama and three Yoga Nidra sessions
How do I book?
• Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll email you back within 24 to 48 hours
• Places are offered on a first come first basis only
• Please email us to let us know (in advance) that you’d like to book
• Your place is only booked once your *form and then your payment has been received
• Don’t forget to complete the *form below (see the very end of the page)
How do I make the payment?
• You can pay directly via Bank Transfer, details will be sent along once a place has been offered. Please note we cannot hold onto, or reserve any places.
What’s not included in the fee?
• Insurance is not included (please take out your own insurance for travel and health*)
• *Travel and Health insurance is compulsory for all participants
• Flights are not included in the price (Ryanair fly direct from East Midlands, Manchester, London Stanstead,)
• The price does not include your public travel costs to, or from Valencia for the day-trip (pick-ups and drop offs for local buses / train stops can be arranged on your behalf with Jayne)
• Arrangements for transfers to and from Valencia Airport can be arranged on your behalf (expect to pay no more than 30 to 35 euros per trip per car).
• Some therapy treatments such as massage and facial treatments maybe available at an extra cost locally
• The price does not include refreshments/snacks, meals purchased away from the retreat (e.g. on an evening/ day trip out)
Any other details?
• Fees payable are for the retreat booked and are non-transferrable, and non-refundable.
• Please seek medical advice from your doctor before committing to attend the Yoga retreat. Especially if you have any medical conditions, which may impact travel or undertaking Yoga.
• Please don’t delay your booking / payment, sadly if there is a delay in your payment, we cannot guarantee a place will still be open for you. If all places are fully booked by the time you have transferred your money, you will receive a refund.
Who’s going to be there?
Jasmin and one or two members from the Bahia Yoga team will be on hand!
Plus Jayne who lives in Spain, she manages the cooking and food shopping as well as providing pick-ups for airport transfers. She’s also on hand for any help if required, that’s not included in the price, such as driving towards local transport spots for the day-trip and from time to time to help buy an additional item you may require during your Yoga Retreat.
About the teacher
Jasmin has been teaching Yoga for almost 14 years. She is a 500 hour registered practitioner in Vinyasa Flow and Sivananda Yoga; and a certified 200-hour Ashtanga Vinyasa Flow teacher. She embraces both classical and modern based vinyasa flow Yoga into her classes. “Yoga is about creating a sense of stillness and ease, be that in a dynamic movement, or seated meditation” – she is keen to share anatomical guidelines and alignment tips, to encourage student awareness and progression in their Yoga.
She has a knack of working with students of all levels and experience, and makes people feel at ease and confident in their practice and Yoga capability. She is a huge advocate of the deeper benefits of Yoga, beyond the physical, that can help to clear the cluttered mind.. Her additional skills are in integrating her Psychology training into the meditation, relaxation and Yoga Nidra sessions.