Accessible Yoga Training
Join us for two days of learning, on Accessible Yoga Training CPD. Built around the ethos that you definitely don’t need to be flexible or look a certain way to access yoga, our approach to yoga is inclusive. Making postural and other yoga practices accessible for all bodies, regardless of a person’s ability or background.
This workshop will be led by Jasminder Bahia, a yoga teacher trainer, and psychologist. These two days explore how yoga isn’t always available to everyone in the community and how yoga teachers can develop skills to better engage their students.
The two-day accessible yoga training focuses on:
- Creating classes that integrate students of mixed level abilities
- Modifying yoga for different populations from older adults to people with disabilities
- Adding pranayama and meditation techniques into classes
- Learning sequences for chair yoga
- Floor based practices for students with limited mobility
This Continued Professional Development (CPD) training covers the chair and non-chair-based yoga movements. Topics covered on this accessible yoga training include:
- How to adapt both seated and standing postures
- Floor based postures
- Teaching accessible yoga in different settings
You will learn:
- How to adapt movement for different groups
- Sequencing and lesson plans
- Introducing chair-based yoga in charities, care homes, hospitals, and one-to-ones
Booking, Fees, and Certification
Two-day Accessible Yoga CPD is £250 per person. Please book your place here. The fee includes certification and a mini manual.
There are 25 hours of CPD certification (which includes 10 hours of non-contact study and lesson plans) – This is obtained for in-person attendance on both days and successful completion of course work.
Saturday 25 June and Sunday 26 June
9.30 am to 1.00 pm 2.00 pm to 5.30 pm
The cancellation policy for courses is as follows. A refund (minus a 20% admin fee) will be made for cancellations made more than six weeks before the start date. For cancellations, less than six weeks before the workshop there will be no refunds or transfers. Please contact us if you have any queries.