Spain 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training
The Spain teacher-training dates:
Spring term 1
Days 1 to 10 – October 2019 — TBC
Autumn term 2
Days 1o to 20 – April 2020 — TBC
- Yoga History and Traditions
- Yoga Techniques, Sequencing and Alignment
- Meditation, Mantras and Mudra
- Kriyas, Bandhas, Chakras and Pranayama
- Teaching Methodology, Philosophy and Ethics
- Anatomy & Physiology and Healthy movement
- Our unique 200-hour Yoga teacher-training programme enables you to strengthen and nurture your skills, and growth both as a practitioner and teacher.
The course equips you to become a registered, qualified and a licensed Yoga Teacher in the UK, Europe and Worldwide. Providing you with the potential to teach across various locations, from your workplace, to schools, colleges, spas or health clubs, you will be ready to teach your own private classes, groups or one to one sessions.
Interviews will take place via Skype (for anyone living outside the UK) or face to face at the Nottingham Studio. This special training is open to a limited number, a maximum of nine people.
To check that you meet the criteria for the 200-hour teacher training in Spain, please look at the pre-requisite page.
Special early bird offer
There is an early bird offer, receive a £200 deduction from the full fee and pay the deposit of £600 at least 90 days prior to the course start date. This will reduce the overall fee to £3,300. Otherwise the full course fee will apply which is £3,500.
What is not included in the fee?
- Flights into and out of Valencia, Spain
- Ryan-Air flights from East Midlands to Valencia typically cost £90 to £150 for a return flight.
- You will also need to have adequate private health insurance
- You are advised not to book a flight until your place is firmly secured. We suggest allowing a leeway of two days either side when planning time off due to potential changes in flight days with airlines.
- In addition to paying the course fees you will need to purchase the seven set texts listed in the course acceptance letter. The set texts for the course will cost approximately £75 (RRP).
- If you wish to teach Yoga on completion of this course you will also need to pay for insurance cover (approximately £80 per year) and Yoga Alliance International Membership (currently US $85) and obtain a three-year valid first aid certificate.
The accommodation is a modest bungalow set in a secluded Orange Grove. The bungalow comprises of six bedrooms, (four of these rooms come with a basic en-suite) with a lounge and kitchen area. There is also a covered terrace overlooking the pool and Orange Grove. During your spare time you may relax by the large terrace around the pool or sit and read in the covered decking area overlooking the pool.
A typical day in Spain may look like this:
6.30-7.15am Kriyas and Meditation
7.15-9.15am Asana, Pranayama and Yoga Nidra
10.15-12.15pm Theory/Techniques Class 1
12.15-13.00pm Karma Yoga
13.00-14.00pm Light Lunch
14.00-16.00pm Theory/Technique Class 2
16.00-16.15pm Break for Chai
16.15-18.15pm Teaching Methods/ Practice / Overview
18.30-19.30pm Light Supper
19.30-20.00pm Evening Meditation
For further details on the course structure please visit the page – click here.
For detailed course information on the exact timings of the day and further information on payment plans please email us.
Non-contact hours between the two terms
Between the course dates you will complete non-contact learning. You will also receive on-line support with a guided meditation practice led by Jake Dartington.
The time between the two terms allows ample time to complete written assignments and to develop teachings skills with on going mentor support.
Transfers to the venue can be arranged on your behalf. Exact details of transfers and pick-ups will be provided in your course acceptance letter. If your flight arrives into Spain the day before group transfer to Valencia, you will need to arrange your own overnight accommodation. Valencia offers a variety of hotel rooms to suit different budgets.
Do I have to bring along my own Yoga equipment to Spain? Yes please bring along your own mat. There is access to some Yoga equipment, for example Yoga bolsters, belts and some Yoga bricks and blankets. You must bring your own Yoga mat.
Do I need to take out insurance? Yes you must take out adequate health and travel insurance.
Do I need to bring towels? All bath and hand towels are provided. There is a washing machine on-site, so you can wash and rinse clothes.
What about refreshments is there anywhere I can buy water? There is water from a filter tap, which you can drink filtered water.