Bahia Yoga is committed to protecting your privacy. Bahia Yoga does not share any personal information with any third parties, or rent, sell, disclose or distribute your information to any outside parties.
Bahia Yoga collects different information in order to help us improve the services and products we offer and to provide a distinctive service personalised for each user. The information we collect is related to the Yoga classes, workshops, trainings and events we run at the studio, and external locations.
You are under no obligation to provide any personal data however, other than your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and postal address.
We may ask for further information from you in order to obtain a better understanding of how Bahia Yoga can improve our offering to you. In all instances it is entirely your choice whether or not to provide information.
Bahia Yoga collects the following information via the website:
- Any personal data you provide us through online registration forms for teacher trainings and any proof of identification for certain courses.
- Personal data for class and events registrations via TeamUp.
- Your account details for online payment from TeamUp via Go-Cardless.
- Your preference and use of email updates and news.
- Where we engage third party contractors (teachers and cover teachers, etc) to perform services for us, those third party contractors may be required to handle your personal information. Under these circumstances, those third party contractors will safeguard this information only use it for the purposes for which it was supplied, although we are not responsible for ensuring this.
- We will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
- Personal information we collect is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. We will protect your personal information no matter where we process or store your data.
- From time to time, it may be necessary for us to review and revise this policy. We encourage you to periodically check back and review this policy so that you will know what information we collect and how we use it.
What are your rights?
A new data protection law, starting on 25th May 2018, gives everyone a number of very important rights. These are:
- Transparency over how we use your personal information (right to be informed).
- Request a copy of the information we hold about you, which will be provided to you within one month (right of access).
- Update or amend the information we hold about you if it is wrong (right of rectification).
- Ask us to stop using your information (right to restrict processing).
- Ask us to remove your personal information from our records (right to be ‘forgotten’).
- Object to the processing of your information for marketing purposes (right to object).
- Obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes (right to data portability).
- Not be subject to a decision when it is based on automated processing (automated decision making and profiling).
How long will my data be stored for?
Contact Information we collect will be stored for up to five years from the date you submit your personal details. You have the right to request ‘Contact Information’ we have stored on you and have the right to have Contact Information permanently deleted from our systems.
To raise any concerns or to request any information we hold you can get in touch via our contact form. Otherwise please write to us:
Data Protection Officer
4 Stoney Street