Yoga Nidra Teacher Training
Yoga Nidra Teacher Training Course
The Yoga Nidra teacher trainings runs twice a year. This course runs online from winter to summer (February to August) online. And autumn to winter (September to February) in-person at our Nottingham studio
This Yoga Nidra Training will not only qualify you with all the skills and tools you need to become a Yoga Nidra teacher. It will also build your personal practice, connection and understand of Yoga Nidra. This 60 hours course focuses on three key areas – Sleep Rest and Restore. Led by Psychologist Jasminder Bahia, Yoga Teacher Trainer and Zen practitioner. The course combines ancient Yoga techniques within a Psychological framework.
The 6 month online course runs from March to August 2023
Our next course runs 6 month online course runs from March to August 2023. Please make sure you complete each module within the month it’s uploaded. Each module will need to be completed by the end of the course in order for you to qualify. All content is prerecorded you will be able to access and re-watch all of the course content for 12 months, from the course start date. In addition to the monthly group practice and discussions, you will have ongoing support and contact with Jasminder.
Dates for the online sessions: Tuesday evenings (BST)
Tuesday – 6.30pm to 8pm LIVE via Zoom
- 7 March 2023
- 18 April
- 16 May
- 13 June
- 11 July
- 1 August
- 6 hours training per month – for the online course this will be via high-quality, professionally recorded videos.
- A mixture of theory and practical sessions.
- 6 pre-recorded Yoga Nidra practices
- Monthly led Yoga Nidra practices (LIVE)
- Discussions with Q&A (LIVE)
- Monthly homework / practice (approximately 10 to 15 hours month)
- An online training manual
This training is a mixture of practical and theoretical skills. Offering a varied approach to learning, with monthly modules, group discussion, self-study, and guided practice. The course covers the use of voice and language. Yoga Nidra and its wider context in Yoga, from Raja Yoga to the Koshas. The ethics of the practice and teachings of Yoga Nidra. And an online manual specially created for the course.
- Eight stages of Yoga Nidra
- Practices for resetting and restoring the body
- Explanation of Sankalpa
- Pancha Kosha model (energetic layers)
- History and Philosophy of Yoga Nidra
- Yoga Nidra, Psychology and Trauma-Informed Practices
- Raja Yoga and Yoga Nidra
Who is the Yoga Nidra Training for?
The Yoga Nidra training is suitable for yoga teachers, and yoga teacher trainees. It’s also available for people who are working within the wellbeing and health professional field. Including Psychologists, Psychotherapists and Therapists.
- If you have any questions please contact us and we’d be happy to help
- If you are ready to sign up, you can book directly via our website, and fill in this contact form.
- You will receive a welcome pack as soon as you sign up.
- A mini recording will be sent for you to begin your self-practice.
Learning outcomes and objectives
- Students will receive a stage by stage guidance on Yoga Nidra.
- Offering space to explore a thorough approach to teaching the practice accurately.
- As well as developing the practice of Yoga Nidra for themselves.
- Learning how to deliver Yoga Nidra that is suitable for various student populations.
- To experience Yoga Nidra Rest Sleep and Restore
- To understand the theory and science underlying Yoga Nidra and its eight stages
- To explore the application of Yoga Nidra to a variety of student groups
- To understand Yoga Nidra within the wider context of Yoga
How am I assessed on the Yoga Nidra training?
You are asked to submit a monthly journal. And a new script each month, and recordings throughout the course. There are regular home studies and assignments, with ongoing feedback on development and mentoring support.
Course fees and payment plan options
- There is an early bird offer of £750 is available until 11.59 pm, January 7, 2023.
- Payment plans for the early bird offer are two-part installments of £400 (£800 total payable)
- The full fee is – £900 from January 8, 2023.
- We offer two scholarship places for our Black, Asian, and People of Colour (BPAC) community, which offers 30% off the full price. Please contact us for the scholarship places The deadline for scholarship places is January 7, 2023.
- For the online course, all sessions are pre-recorded and a new video will be uploaded to the online portal each month.
- Previous experience in meditation and Yoga Nidra is required to enroll in this course.
- The sessions are open to yoga teachers, trainees, psychologists, psychotherapists, and wellness professionals.
- You will receive a certificate at the end, providing all modules/sessions have been completed and assessments passed satisfactorily.
- Once you have been offered a space, no refunds are possible.
- Phone interviews with Jasminder are available prior to the course.