Yoga Nidra Teacher Training
Yoga Nidra Teacher Training Course
The Yoga Nidra teacher training runs twice a year. This course runs online from winter to summer (March to August) online. And autumn to winter (September to February) in person at our Nottingham studio
This Yoga Nidra Training will not only qualify you with all the skills and tools you need to become a Yoga Nidra teacher. It will also build your personal practice, connection, and understanding of Yoga Nidra. This 60 hours course focuses on three key areas – Sleep Rest and Restore. Led by Psychologist Jasminder Bahia, Yoga Teacher Trainer, and Zen practitioner. The course combines ancient Yoga techniques within a Psychological framework, and how to understand the impacts of trauma and undertake a trauma-informed approach to the practice.
In-person 6 months course runs September 2023 to January 2024
Dates for the in-person sessions:
*Saturday: 10 am to 5 pm
* 30 September
* 14 October
* 25 November
* 9 December
* 13 January 2024
* 24 February
Course fees and payment plan options:
* Early bird offer: £750
* Payment plan for early bird offer: Two-part installments of £400 (£800 total payable)
* Full is £900
We offer three scholarship places that provide a 30% discount off the early bird price. The deadline for scholarship applications is two months before the early bird offer expiration date. If you identify as part of the global majority as a person of colour, a person with disabilities, a person from a lower socioeconomic background, or a person from the LGBTQ+ community, you may be eligible to apply for the scholarship. Please contact us for more information on how to apply. The deadline for scholarship applications is two months prior to the course start date..
If you have any further questions or need additional information, feel free to contact us. Note once you have been offered a place on the course no refunds are available, our guidelines and terms and conditions are the same for both in-person and online
The 6 month online course runs from March to August 2023
The next course is a 6-month online course scheduled to run from March to August 2024, with specific dates to be confirmed. Each module should be completed within the month it is uploaded. To qualify for certification, all modules must be completed by the end of the course.
The course content is prerecorded, allowing you to access and review it for 12 months from the start date of the course. In addition to the monthly group practice and discussions, you will receive ongoing support and contact with Jasminder.
Here’s what is included in the course:
- Approximately 5 to 6 hours of training per month, delivered through high-quality, professionally recorded videos.
- A combination of theory and practical sessions.
- 6 pre-recorded Yoga Nidra practices.
- Monthly live Yoga Nidra practices led by the instructor.
- Live discussions with Q&A sessions.
- Monthly homework and practice assignments, requiring approximately 10 to 15 hours of commitment per month.
- An online training manual.
This training combines practical and theoretical skills. It includes monthly modules, group discussions, self-study, and guided practice. The course teaches voice and language use. You’ll learn about Yoga Nidra in the wider context of Yoga, from Raja Yoga to the Koshas. We’ll cover the ethics of the practice and teachings for teachers and therapists. You’ll also receive an online manual made specifically for the course.
What course covers:
- The Eight Stages of Yoga Nidra:
- Practices for resetting and restoring the body.
- Explanation of setting a grounded safe enough place (Sankalpa).
- Understanding the energetic layers (Pancha Kosha model).
- Learning the history and philosophy of Yoga Nidra.
- Exploring the connection between Yoga Nidra and psychological framework.
- Studying PTSD and trauma-informed practices.
- Discovering the relationship between Raja Yoga and Yoga Nidra.
- Understanding the stages of sleep and brain wave patterns.
Learning Outcomes and Assessment
Learning Outcomes and Objectives:
- Learn stage-by-stage guidance on Yoga Nidra.
- Explore a thorough approach to teaching the practice.
- Develop your own practice of Yoga Nidra and maintain regular practice for optimal results.
- Learn to deliver suitable Yoga Nidra for different student populations.
- Experience the benefits of Yoga Nidra for rest, sleep, and restoring the body and mind.
- Understand the theory and science behind Yoga Nidra’s eight stages.
- Explore how to apply Yoga Nidra to different student groups.
- Understand Yoga Nidra within the wider context of Yoga, trauma impact, and accessibility.
Assessment for the Yoga Nidra Training:
- Monthly journal: Practice a new recording daily and write reflections. Guidance for completing and submitting the journal will be provided. Completion of each module is required before moving on to the next.
- Yoga Nidra recordings: Create your own recordings for each module and submit them for review. Completion of all recordings is necessary for course completion.
- Scripts: Learn to create scripts to accompany your recordings and reinforce your understanding of the practice’s key aspects.
Ongoing feedback and mentoring support: You will receive continuous feedback and mentoring to enhance your progress. Attendance on all dates is required to pass the course successfully.
Please note that this course follows a sequential structure based on the eight stages of Yoga Nidra. Completion of each module and regular participation are key to maintaining a successful practice.
Who is the Yoga Nidra Training for?
The Yoga Nidra training is suitable for Yoga teachers, trainees, and professionals in the well-being, health, and psychology fields. If you want to learn how to use this practice with your clients or patients, or if you want to deepen your own (established) personal practice, this course is a great fit for you.
- If you have any questions please contact us and we’d be happy to help
- If you are ready to sign up, you can book directly via our website, and fill in this contact form.
- You will receive a welcome pack once your place is confirmed.
- A mini recording will be sent for you to begin your self-practice.
Additional notes for the Yoga Nidra Training course
- Note for the online course – sessions are pre-recorded and a new video will be uploaded to the online portal each month.
- Previous experience in meditation or Yoga Nidra is required to enrol for the course (online or in-person).
- The sessions are open to yoga teachers, trainees, psychologists, psychotherapists, and wellness professionals.
- You will receive a certificate at the end, providing all modules/sessions have been completed and assessments passed satisfactorily.
- Once you have been offered a space, no refunds are possible.
- Phone interviews with the course leader are available prior to the course.
- For additional questions about our trainings see the FAQ page.