Yoga Teacher Training Nottingham
Vibrant, traditional Hatha 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training
For 2022, there are three different course options for Yoga Teacher Training in the UK (Nottingham). Two weekend-only courses, Saturdays and Sundays, once a month. Or a weekday course, once a month on Thursdays and Fridays:
About the course
We cover the following topics:
- Yoga History and Traditions.
- Yoga Techniques, Sequencing, and Alignment
- Meditation, Mantras, and Mudra
- Kriyas, Bandhas, Chakras, and Pranayama
- Teaching Methodology, Philosophy, and Ethics, Diversity, and Difference
- Anatomy & Physiology, Healthy movement
Our 200 hour Yoga Alliance Teacher Training equips you to be a registered, qualified, and certified Yoga Teacher in the UK, Europe, and Worldwide. The course is well-rounded and delivered in a non-dogmatic, accessible, and practical meaningful manner.
This is a carefully constructed Teacher Training programme, with regular ongoing support and input from our experienced teachers.
Who is the 200-hour programme for?
The programme is for students who have a deep desire to expand their knowledge, skills, and understanding and wish to teach Yoga to an exceptional level.
The course is also an option for students who may not wish to teach Yoga classes to the public but may want to gain insight to help their own professional and personal journey (e.g. physiotherapists, or therapists).
Whatever your motivation to become a Yoga Teacher the course requires dedication and commitment. This is a carefully constructed programme, with regular ongoing support and input from our experienced teachers. Distance doesn’t need to be a block for you to attend the course. Our Yoga Teacher Training attracts students from across the Midlands, the Northwest, and South of England, and across the UK and Europe. Please note if you are travelling from a distance you are still required to attend the duration of the course and ensure you meet our prerequisites. During lockdown sessions were available online, as we offer vocational training, our studio will remain open for all CPD, and training. If anyone is self-isolating sessions will be available via Zoom.
A typical UK yoga teaching training day
- 9.30am-11.00am: Practical Session: Yoga Class
- 11.00-11.15am: Break (rest-room break)
- 11.15-13.00pm: Theory Class (e.g. anatomy/philosophy)
- 13.00-14.00pm: Lunch-time
- 14.00-16.00pm: Theory Class (e.g. techniques theory/yogic lifestyle)
- 16.00-16.15pm: Break (time for chai / rest)
- 16.15-17.30pm: Teaching Methodology/ Practice (getting you teaching)
How are the hours covered?
All Yoga Alliance accredited Teacher Training Courses require 200 hours of training hours. This is made up of 180 practical teaching hours, 20 hours of non-contact time, along with 40 hours of home practice, home study, assignments, teaching practice, and class observations. This course covers a total of 240 hours and fulfills the requirements for the Yoga Alliance certification.
For further details have a look at the Course Structure.
What kind of support will I receive?
You will receive a mixture of one-to-one and group support throughout the course. We offer regular feedback, and encouragement to help nurture your development. You will also receive ongoing coaching and mentoring support from the Course Mentor.
Course work, home study assignments, and practices are built-in gradually to reflect your skills and match the knowledge you will have gained each month.
There is a whole new wealth of knowledge to absorb and learn on the 200-hour Teacher Training Programmes, so…
- Be ready, committed, and prepared both off and on the mat.
- Create time for weekly home study, along with the upkeep of regular Yoga practice and journal for the duration of the training.
- Be prepared for an interactive, challenging yet rewarding learning experience.
Here at Bahia Yoga, we do all we can to help you develop into the best teacher you can be. During the training days, you will have scheduled breaks and a balance of practical and theory lessons.
How do I register my interest in the course?
In order to register your interest in the course, please complete the ‘register my interest’ form – once you have been offered a place on the course, a £600 deposit secures your place. For further information on fees and deposit payments please visit the fees page. All fees can be paid in installments over a 10 or 12-month duration, please get in touch to find out more about payment plans, and community discount places.
What is the next step after I have completed the course?
- Register as a teacher with Yoga Alliance
- Obtain a valid insurance certificate which is needed before you can teach
The course meets the standards of the 200-hour Yoga Alliance (USA) accreditation, you will be able to display RYT after your name (Registered Yoga Teacher) and use the Yoga Alliance logo. This is needed if you intend to teach Yoga once you have successfully completed the qualification.