Yoga Teacher Training Nottingham
Vibrant, traditional Hatha 200 hour Yoga Alliance Teacher Training
Three different course options for Yoga Teacher Training in the UK (Nottingham) and Spain:
About the course
We cover the following topics:
- Yoga History and Traditions
- Yoga Techniques, Sequencing and Alignment
- Meditation, Mantras and Mudra
- Kriyas, Bandhas, Chakras and Pranayama
- Teaching Methodology, Philosophy and Ethics
- Anatomy & Physiology, Healthy movement
Our 200 hour Yoga Alliance Teacher Trainings equip you to be a registered, qualified and a certified Yoga Teacher in the UK, Europe and Worldwide. The course is well rounded and delivered in a non-dogmatic, accessible and practical meaningful manner.
This is a carefully constructed Teacher Training programme, with regular on-going support and input from our experienced teachers.
Who is the 200-hour programme for?
The programme is for students who have a deep desire to expand their knowledge, skills and understanding and wish to teach Yoga to an exceptional level.
The course is also an option to students who may not wish to teach Yoga classes to the public, but may want to gain insight to help their own professional and personal journey (e.g. physiotherapists, or therapists).
Whatever your motivation to become a Yoga Teacher the course requires dedication and commitment. This is a carefully constructed programme, with regular on-going support and input from our experienced teachers. Distance doesn’t need to be a block to you attending the course. Our Yoga Teacher Trainings attract students from across the Midlands, the UK and Europe. Please note if you are travelling from a distance you are still required to attend the duration of the course and ensure you meet our prerequisites.
A typical UK yoga teaching training day
- 9.15am-11.00am: Practical Session: Yoga Class
- 11.00-11.15am: Break (rest-room break / break for snack)
- 11.15-13.00pm: Theory Class (e.g. anatomy/philosophy)
- 13.00-14.00pm: Lunch-time
- 14.00-16.00pm: Theory Class (e.g. techniques theory/yogic lifestyle)
- 16.00-16.15pm: Break (time for chai / rest)
- 16.15-17.30pm: Teaching Methodology/ Practice (getting you teaching)
How are the hours covered?
All Yoga Alliance accredited Teacher Training Courses require 200 hours training hours. This is made up of 180 practical teaching hours, 20 hours non-contact time, along with 40 hours home practice, home study, assignments, teaching practice and class observations. This course covers a total of 240 hours and fulfils the requirements for the Yoga Alliance certification.
For further details have a look at the Course Structure.
What kind of support will I receive?
You will receive a mixture of one to one and group support throughout the course. Our teachers are available for questions pre and post teaching sessions. We offer regular feedback, and encouragement to help nurture your development.
Course work, home study assignments and practices are built in gradually to reflect your skills and match the knowledge you will have gained each month.
There is a whole new wealth of knowledge to absorb and learn on the 200-hour Teacher Training Programmes, so…
- Be ready, committed and prepared both off and on the mat.
- Create time for weekly home study, along with the upkeep of a regular Yoga practice and journal for the duration of the training.
- Be prepared for an interactive, challenging yet rewarding learning experience.
Here at Bahia Yoga we do all we can to help you develop into the best teacher you can be. During the training days you will have regular scheduled breaks, a balance of practical and theory lessons.
How do I register my interest in the course?
In order to register your interest on the course, please complete the ‘register my interest’ form – once you have been offered a place on the course, a £600 deposit secures your place. For further information on fees and deposit payments please visit the fees page.
What is the next step after I have completed the course?
- Register as a teacher with Yoga Alliance
- Obtain a valid insurance certificate which is needed before you can teach
The course meets the standards of the 200-hour Yoga Alliance (USA) accreditation, you will be able to display RYT after your name (Registered Yoga Teacher) and use the Yoga Alliance logo. This is needed if you intend to teach Yoga once you have successfully completed the qualification.