Yoga Teacher Training Nottingham
Vibrant, traditional Hatha 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training
We have two-course options for Yoga Teacher Training in the UK (Nottingham). An autumn course, running weekends only Saturdays and Sundays, meeting once a month. And a spring course, running weekdays Thursdays and Fridays, once a month.
Spring Course: March 2022 to January 2023
Course structure information and dates
Autumn Course:October 2023 to July 2024
Course structure information and dates
About the course
We cover the following topics:
- Yoga History and Traditions.
- Yoga Techniques, Teaching Methods,
- Class Plans and Sequencing
- Meditation, Mantras, and Mudra
- Kriyas, Bandhas, Chakras, and Pranayama
- Yoga Humanities, Philosophy, and Ethics,
- Diversity and Difference Cultural Awareness
- Anatomy & Physiology, Healthy movement
- Accessible Yoga
Our 200 hour Yoga Alliance Teacher Training equips you to be a qualified Yoga Teacher in the UK, Europe, and Worldwide. The course is well-rounded and delivered in a non-dogmatic, practical, and meaningful manner.
This is a carefully constructed Teacher Training programme, with regular ongoing support and input from our experienced teachers.
Who is the 200-hour programme for?
The programme is any yoga student who would like expand their knowledge, skills, and understanding of yoga. And would like to learn to teach Yoga to an exceptional level.
The learning is also open to students who may not wish to teach classes to the public but want to gain insight to help their own professional and personal journey (e.g. physiotherapists, or therapists, school teachers).
Whatever your motivation to become a Yoga Teacher the course requires dedication and commitment. This is a carefully constructed programme, with regular ongoing support and input from our experienced teachers.
Our Yoga Teacher Training attracts students from across the Midlands, the Northwest, and across the UK and Europe. Note if you are travelling from a distance you are still required to attend the duration of the course. We ask students to have a regular two-year yoga practice, to ensure they meet our prerequisites.
A typical UK yoga teaching training day
- 9.30am-11.00am: Practical Session: Led Yoga Class
- 11.00-11.15am: Break
- 11.15-13.00pm: Theory Class (e.g. anatomy/philosophy)
- 13.00-14.00pm: Lunch-time
- 14.00-16.00pm: Theory Class (e.g. techniques theory/yogic lifestyle)
- 16.00-16.15pm: Break
- 16.15-17.30pm: Teaching Methodology/ Practice (getting you teaching)
This is an approximate guide and timings may vary
How are the hours covered?
All Yoga Alliance accredited Teacher Training Courses require 200 hours of training hours. This course at Bahia Yoga is made up of 180 practical teaching hours, 20 hours of non-contact time, along with 40 plus hours of home practice, home study, assignments, teaching practice, and class observations. Our course covers a total of 240 hours and fulfills the requirements for the Yoga Alliance certification.
For further details have a look at the Course Structure.
What kind of support will I receive?
You will receive a mixture of one-to-one and group support. We offer regular feedback, and encouragement to help nurture your development. You will also receive coaching and mentoring from one of the Course Mentors.
Course work, home study assignments, and practices are built-in gradually to reflect your skills and match the knowledge you will have gained each month.
There is a whole new wealth of knowledge to absorb and learn on the 200-hour Teacher Training Programmes, so
- Be ready, committed, and prepared both off and on the mat.
- Create time for weekly home study, along with the upkeep of regular Yoga practice and journal for the duration of the training.
- Be prepared for an interactive, challenging yet rewarding learning experience.
We do all we can to help you develop into the best teacher you can be. During the training days, you will have scheduled breaks and a balance of practical and theory lessons.
How do I register? Are there any scholarships or community discounts available?
In order to register your interest in the course, please complete the ‘register my interest’ form – once you have been offered a place on the course, a £600 deposit secures your place. The full is £,2950 please visit the fees page. All fees can be paid in installments over a 6 to 10-month duration. We also have two community discounts available:
- We have introduced two scholarship places for our POC community offering a 30% discount on each programme – please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Community discount of £500 – this is open to anyone who would like to undertake the training but cannot afford the full fee. Limited to four people per course, deadlines are three months prior to the course start date.
What is the next step after I have completed the course?
- Register as a teacher with Yoga Alliance
- Obtain a valid insurance certificate which is needed before you can teach
The course meets the standards of the 200-hour Yoga Alliance (International) accreditation, you will be able to display RYT after your name (Registered Yoga Teacher) and use the Yoga Alliance logo. This is only needed if you intend to teach Yoga once you have successfully completed the qualification.