Studio Reopening Guidelines
Studio Reopening Policy and Guidance
Our studio is reopening this Sunday, 2nd August at 3.30pm, for the Yoga of Breathing Workshop. We are mindful that COVID-19 is still very much present. With this in mind, we are going super slow and beginning with one to two classes per week in person, and all other sessions will remain online via Zoom. Please keep an eye out for class updates and how to book.
Bahia Yoga has been working diligently and mindfully planning the reopening of the studio within the legal guidelines. The studio will adhere to the rules for social distancing. And have stringent hygiene measures in place.
Our part in ensuring everyone’s safety :
- Cleaning will take place before and after each session.
- Frequent cleaning of work areas and equipment between uses.
- Lowering class capacities.
- Forehead temperature test will be conducted on students and teachers upon arrival.
- Providing eco-friendly hand sanitisers in multiple locations, in addition to washrooms, where there may be a higher risk of transmission, including entrance foyers.
- Keeping the facilities well ventilated, for example by leaving windows open where appropriate.
- Using disposable eco-friendly paper towels in hand-washing facilities.
- Floor and surfaces cleaned and disinfected between classes and regularly.
- Two metres between mats at all times.
- Keeping social distancing in place at all times.
Student’s part in keeping everyone safe:
- Only enter the studio when it is safe to do so – allow the teacher to guide the class entry.
- Arrive wearing a mask.
- Temperature to be checked before entry.
- Take off shoes and place them in the shoe rack on arrival.
- Washing hands on arrival and or using sanitiser before and after class.
- Use your own equipment, bring your own yoga mat.
- Wear layers of clothing, to keep warm/cool.
- Come in yoga clothes and avoid changing at the studio.
- Avoid bringing in lots of bags and belongings.
- Avoid placing any belongings on tables or worktops;
- Keep all bags, coats and belongings in individual units.
- Keep your mask on when entering the studio,
- Masks can be taken off during class –
- Please wear the mask when leaving the studio, and entering communal areas.
Please do not attend the studio if you have symptoms of coronavirus such as continuous cough, loss or change in smell and taste. Or if you have been exposed to someone who has been suffering from COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days. It is everyone’s responsibility to remain respectful of other’s wellbeing at all times. Thank you for your understanding.
Three Class Options:
Finally, we wish to remain respectful and allow people to make their own decisions about returning to the studio, and all our classes will still continue on line. There are three different class options to choose from, updates will appear on the booking system over the weekend.
1 – Live studio classes with limited numbers, in compliance with the latest distancing guidelines
2 – Live streamed in-studio classes (join an in studio class)
3 – Join our existing online classes (taught from the teachers’ homes)
We hope to see you soon!
Jasmin and the Bahia Yoga team