14 tips for a great Yoga class
- Be punctual. Settle on your mat a few minutes before the start time, arrive 5 minutes early and enjoy the whole class.
- Be smart. Wear loose conservative clothing so that you can easily move around in. Arrive early if you need to change before class.
- Be warm. Bring a jumper, socks and a blanket or shawl for relaxation/meditation parts of the session/s.
- Drop the baggage. Leave bulky bags, laptops and work stuff at work. Leave any valuables at home.
- Phones off. All mobile phones to be switched off before the lesson – this will help you to practice with ease.
- Barefoot. We practice barefoot (unless sitting in periods of longer meditation) keep your socks off and place them neatly out of view, away from your mat. Keep shoes outside off the studio room at all times.
- Be clean. Bring your own mat to class; placing your feet and body on someone else’s mat is not so nice. You can hire a Yoga mat for £1 per session. Read this ARTICLE as it explains why its good to have your mat.
- Be practical. Bring your own Yoga equipment, a mat, Yoga belt, blocks, bricks and write your names/initials on them.
- Empty belly. Don’t eat at least 3 to 4 hours before class; this is so you can enjoy your class without distraction and to prevent any indigestion. For health matters (e.g. for pregnant ladies or anyone with sugar imbalances) a light snack can be eaten 1 to 2 hours before session.
- Location, Location. Learn the exact location of where your class is taking place. We are based in Nottingham City Centre, 4 Stoney Street.
- Open Heart. Come to class with an open heart and mind to feel the full benefits of your practice. Follow instructions and practice at a comfortable steady pace, the instructor is there to help and guide you throughout.
- A little respect. Yoga is not a competition so treat your body with kindness and try not to force yourself into any positions that you are not yet ready for, learn techniques to regulate, control and master the breath.
- Be kind. Be kind to yourself and to others in the room and the space, no need to judge or be impatient.
- Have fun! Enjoy the experience, each week you will improve and feel immediate benefits from beginning a practice.
We look forward to seeing you at your first session with us soon.