When and Where
Saturday 29th April to Tuesday 2nd May 2017 (3 nights) – Spain Yoga Trip
A short weekend break to Valencia, during May Bank Holiday weekend.
A rustic, cosy and refreshing venue – The Orange Tree, approximately 20 minutes from the airport (by car). The accommodation is a modest bungalow set in a remote orange grove. The bungalow comprises of six bedrooms, (four of which come with a simple en-suite). An open covered terrace overlooks the pool and orange grove. There’s a purpose built indoor Yoga studio, and the scenic decking area is ideal for Yoga outside with a birds eye view of the rural surroundings.
How it runs
Spring break combined with a mini-Yoga retreat / relaxing holiday time. There’s time for building your Yoga practice, chilling by the pool, and on the last day popping into Valencia for some sightseeing and a meal out. There are no hard and fast rules on the retreat / Yoga trip, though please do bear in mind the Yoga is for everyone that attends. We offer an uplifting, easygoing, non-competitive Yoga time, suitable for mixed levels of ability.
The fee for the 3 night stay includes group Yoga tuition, Yoga equipment, home-made food, refreshments and accommodation is £300 per person.
Saturday evening / night Time to retreat, we begin with some nourishing home cooked food and time for meet and greet. Before sleep, there’s time for a soothing practice, Yoga with simple guided meditation and restful Yoga Nidra to set you off for a good night’s rest.
Sunday There’s 3 soothing, strong, yet super relaxed Yoga sessions – plus 3 delicious home made treats, from brunch to lunch and supper! There’s time and (ample) space in the Orange Tree, to relax and unwind around the pool, reading, snoozing, sunbathing or sipping the freshly squeezed juice made from the oranges picked in the grove.
Monday – Morning Yoga session, followed by brunch and time by the pool, before you get ready for the day trip to Valencia. You’ll have plenty of time to explore and sample the local cuisine. You can choose whether you’d like to explore Valencia City (and/) or the beach via Metro.
Tuesday Final Yoga session, tasty brunch, pool time, packing up and farewells.
Who can come along?
Anyone who is up for deepening their Yoga practice and wants to spend time with like-minded people! Suits anyone in general good health, who wants to learn more about Yoga. We tailor the sessions to suit individual needs, and our pre-course questionnaire helps to ensure everyone gets something they are looking for out of the trip.
What will the Yoga sessions cover?
• A typical Bahia Yoga class is varied (click here) but often we include:
• Hatha and Vinyasa Flowing Yoga sequences
• There will always be an anatomical focus for each session (such as shoulders, hips, spine)
• Alignments cues and tips, to ensure you are getting the most of your practice
• Mindful meditation and incorporating pranayama (breathing techniques)
• Hands on assist from the teacher and teaching assistants
• Time for Q&A and how to develop your own practice
• Simple Yoga mantra
• Most sessions will run for 90 minutes at a time
What’s included in the price?
• Daily, home-cooked nutritious vegetarian food (Excludes the day trip to Valencia)
• Hot drinks, fruit and snacks available during the day, all self-service
• No need to worry if you are a grazer, plenty to nibble on throughout the day!
• Prices are for two people sharing a twin room
• Moderate lounge area for evening wind down
• Outside dining on the terrace
Poolside with sun loungers
• Up to 6 Yoga classes, Plus guided meditation, pranayama and 3 Yoga Nidra sessions – and use of all equipment Yoga mats, bolsters, belts and blankets
How do I book?
• Places are offered on a first come first basis only
• Your place is only booked once your *form and then your payment has been received
• Don’t forget to complete the *form below (see the very end of the page)
How do I make the payment of £300 for the 3 night Yoga trip?
• You can pay directly via Bank Transfer – please note details will be sent along once a place has been offered. Please note we cannot hold onto, or reserve any places.
What’s not included in the fee?
• Insurance is not included (please take out your own insurance for travel and health*)
• *Travel and Health insurance is compulsory for all participants
• Flights are not included in the price (Ryanair fly direct from East Midlands, Manchester, London Gatwick)
• The price does not include your public travel costs to, or from Valencia for the day-trip (pick-ups and drop offs for local buses / train stops can be arranged on your behalf)
• Arrangements for transfers to and from Valencia Airport – (if arranged via the Villa, expect to pay no more than 30 to 40 euros per trip, per car).
• Some therapy treatments such as massage and facial treatments maybe available at an extra cost locally
• The price does not include refreshments/snacks, meals purchased away from the retreat (e.g. on an evening/ day trip out)
Any other details?
• Fees payable are for the retreat booked and are non-transferrable, and non-refundable.
• Please seek medical advice from your doctor before committing to attend the Yoga retreat. Especially if you have any medical conditions, which may impact travel or undertaking Yoga.
• Please don’t delay your booking / payment – if there is a delay in your payment, we cannot guarantee a place will still be open for you. If all places are fully booked by the time you have transferred your money, you will receive a refund.
About the teacher
Jasmin has been teaching Yoga over 14 years. Drawing on her training and experience of classical Hatha Yoga, Ashtanga Vinyasa Flow and anatomically based Vinyasa Flow.
She has a knack of working with students of all levels and experience, and makes people feel at ease and confident in their practice and Yoga capability. She is a huge advocate of the deeper benefits of Yoga, beyond the physical, that can help to clear the cluttered mind. Her additional skills are in integrating her Psychology training into the meditation, relaxation and Yoga Nidra sessions.
Don’t *forget to complete this form here: