Accessible and Chair Yoga Training
Join us for two days of learning, on Accessible and Chair Yoga Training. Built around the ethos that you definitely don’t need to be flexible or look a certain way to access yoga. Our approach to yoga and meditation is inclusive. With Accessible Yoga and Chair Yoga Training, you will have the tools you need to design practices suitable for all students. People of all ages, sizes, abilities, and experience levels, take a deeper look at how to make any class inclusive and welcoming for everyone.
Who can join the Accessible and Chair Yoga training?
This course is designed for yoga teachers and therapists who want to enhance accessibility. It covers a wide range of accessible yoga techniques including mindfulness practices, breathwork, mobility, stability, and strength work. The learning is via demonstrations, hands-on practice, discussion, and self-practice. This course is aimed at professionals who want to widen their knowledge and experience in teaching accessible practices.
What does the two-day training cover?
This training will help you develop skills to better engage your students and create accessible sessions. Created by Jasminder Bahia a qualified yoga teacher trainer and psychologist. Learn how accessible yoga can be practiced as a way to support health and well-being across the lifespan.
- The two-day training explores how yoga isn’t always available to everyone in the community
- Guidance on how professionals can develop skills to better engage their students.
- This course will give you the confidence to teach older and vulnerable people accessible yoga, even in challenging settings.
- You will learn how to adapt movement and adjust the postures to meet the needs of various groups.
- You will also understand how to introduce chair-based yoga into a range of settings including care homes and hospitals.
- Creating classes that integrate students of mixed-level abilities
- Adding pranayama and meditation practices into classes
- Learning sequences for chair yoga
- Floor and chair-based practices for students with limited mobility
Booking, Fees, and Certification
Two-day Accessible Yoga CPD is £295 per person. Please book your place here. The early bird fee is £250 available until 30 March. The fee includes certification and a mini manual. There are 25 hours of CPD certification (which includes 10 hours of non-contact study and lesson plans) – This is obtained for in-person attendance on both days and successful completion of coursework.
Saturday 22 April and Sunday 23 April 2023
9.30 am to 1.00 pm 2.00 pm to 5.30 pm
The cancellation policy for courses is as follows. A refund (minus a 20% admin fee) will be made for cancellations made more than six weeks before the start date. For cancellations, less than six weeks before the workshop there will be no refunds or transfers. Please contact us if you have any queries.