Chair Based Yoga Training
Saturday 6 and Sunday 6 June 2021
Our Chair Based Yoga Training weekend teaches you how to use the chair as a learning tool. You’ll learn how to modify standing and seated yoga postures. This training includes taking part in chair yoga practices. Learning sequences from both traditional and contemporary yoga. And understanding the benefits of chair-based yoga. Knowing how students can achieve a greater sense of self-awareness. To find out how students can experience calmness through a chair-based yoga practice.
Topics covered on the Chair Based Yoga Training
- Anatomical principles for chair yoga sequencing
- How to adapt both seated and standing postures
- Floor based postures, for hips and lower back
- Breathwork and meditation practices
- Guidance on visualisation, mantra, and breathwork.
- Teaching Cair Yoga in different settings, such as offices, care homes, or one to ones
You will learn:
- How to adapt movement for different groups.
- Class settings, lesson plans, and simple sequencing.
- Introducing chair-based yoga in charities, hospitals, corporate settings, and one-to-one.
Jasmin is a Practitioner Psychologist and Director of Bahia Yoga. She leads the 200-hour teacher training programme. Her initial experience of teaching chair-based yoga was with Refugees in 2008. Since then she has created programmes on Chair Yoga for residents at Nottingham City Homes and John Lewis and Partners.
Our courses are taught in a professional, friendly, and coherent manner. Chair Yoga doesn’t mean downsizing or diluting the techniques of Yoga. Instead, it’s a wonderful way to explore new ways to teach valid life-affirming practices, to all members of society.
Who can attend the Chair Based Yoga Training?
This Chair-based Yoga CPD is open to teachers of yoga, fitness trainers, healthcare professionals, carers, and community workers. If you are not a Yoga teacher, you may wish to deepen your practice and attend the Yoga Foundation Course.
Fees and Certification
Two-day Chair based Yoga CPD is £250 per person. The fee includes certification and a mini manual. This course offers 20 hours of CPD Certification. This is obtained for attendance on both days and completion of coursework.
This course will run in-person at our studio in Nottingham, city centre.
Please book your place by clicking this link here.