Healing Yoga & Meditation World Refugee Day 2022
Join us for two special events – Healing Yoga & Meditation World Refugee Day 2022.
Monday 20 June from 18.15 to 19.15 and Friday 24 June from 12 noon to 1.00 pm Both sessions run in-person and are live streamed from our Nottingham studio. The classes are led by our Director Jasminder Bahia –This year’s theme for World Refugee Week is ‘Healing’. “Healing is the personal experience of the transcendence of suffering, it is about ‘mending the troubles’ and recovering”. The class offers a restorative place for contemplation and calm.
Who can attend the classes?
The Healing Yoga & Meditation classes are open to all members of the community even if you are a beginner. Friday’s session is for women only. Expect a nourishing and grounding practice. With clear guidance on postural movements and space to pause and rest.
Healing Yoga & Meditation on World Refugee Day
Monday 20 June 18.15 Yoga & Meditation
- The class is free for refugees and asylum seekers, please contact us for a place and we will add you to the class register.
- For everyone else, including our regular students please book using your regular class credits.
- Profits from classes will go to Nottingham Refugee Forum.
- We also have a donation bucket to collect donations on the day.
- If you are on reduced income wishing to attend, you can still join in the class.
.Remember if you are unable to afford the class fees, you can still attend, you simply make a cash donation of your choice on the day. We are happy to guide you through the booking process. Please stay on for chai (Indian tea) and chat after the class.
Friday 24 June, Collaboration with Host Nottingham Women’s Wellbeing
12 noon to 1pm Yoga session
Join Host Nottingham for a Women’s Wellbeing Day from 11am to 2pm.
- 11am to 12pm Welcome and Introduction to the session. Followed by wellbeing treatments.
- 12pm to 1pm Yoga & Meditation for all levels (Women only class) – Open to the public.
- 1pm to 2pm Lunch and Light refreshments
The day is set aside for Refugees and Asylum Seekers. Members of the public (women only) can attend the 12 noon class, this can be online or in-person. All profits from this class will go to Host Nottingham.
Get in touch if you have any queries. Book your place here.